The ETE attracts crowds of participants strolling, rolling and splashing their way the length of Bermuda for fun and charity. Here’s some logistical info for the 2018 XL Catlin End-to-End!
Event “pick up” is in the Washington Mall, April 30-May 4 from 9-5 next to Heel Quik.
- End-to-End (ETE), 40km/24.1miles starts at 7 am at King’s Square, St.George
- Middle-to-End (MTE), 24km/14.7miles starts at 10 am at Albuoy’s Point, Hamilton
- Fun Walk, 5km/3miles starts at 2 pm at Beacon Hill (the old bus terminus next to Somerset Police Station and the Railway Trail). Free rides from Dockyard back to parking starting at 4 pm provided by Project Action.
- End-to-End-to-End “Elite” cyclists, 7 am start at Dockyard
- ETE cyclists, 10 am start at King’s Square, St. George
- MTE cyclists, 8:30 am start from the Botanical Gardens in Paget (South Shore gate)
- Fun cyclists, 5km/3miles starts at 2 pm at Beacon Hill (the old bus terminus next to Somerset Police Station and the Railway Trail).
Helmets are mandatory! Winner’s Edge offers a 10% discount for helmet purchase the week of April 9 for participants with an event number.
- Swimmers meet at Mangrove Bay at 10:30 am for an 11 am start, ending at Calico Jack’s in Dockyard. Swimming is organised by the Bermuda Masters Swimming Association and is dependent on good weather conditions. The distance is 5km/3miles.
- Paddle boarders, rowers, and Pilot Gigs are coordinated by their respective clubs with route and start time depending on weather.
There will be special buses from Hamilton Bus Terminal to St. George at 6:15 am for $5. Tokens are available at registration in the Washington Mall.
A special ferry will be available from Hamilton to St.George (leaving at 8:30 am) for $5 and bicycles are permitted. Spaces are limited and you must request a ticket for the ferry at registration. Only ticket holders will be allowed on the ferry.
Ferries between Dockyard and Hamilton will be free on event day for participants with an event number. Capacity of ferries: 350 persons. Ferry departure times from Dockyard will be announced as the event draws closer.